Catholic Cemetery, formerly known as the Stone Street Cemetery, is a historic 150-acre cemetery located in Mobile, Alabama, United States. It was established in 1848 by Michael Portier, a native of Montbrison, France and the first Roman Catholic Bishop of Mobile.
The cemetery contains roughly 18,000 burials and has plots dedicated to various religious orders, including the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, Daughters of Charity, Little Sisters of the Poor, and Sisters of Mercy. The oldest section has a circular layout on five acres surrounding the Daughters of Charity monument. The post-Civil War section followed a grid plan northeast of the old cemetery. The new addition with the mausoleum opened in 1948.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 3, 1991 as a part of the Historic Roman Catholic Properties in Mobile Multiple Property Submission.
The Friends of the Catholic Cemetery (FOCC) was formed in 2006 by a group of persons united by the common goal of perpetual care of the Catholic Cemetery". On March 19th, 2007 the Most Reverend Oscar H. Lipscomb, DD, PhD, Archbishop of Mobile officially recognized the FOCC as an association of the Christian faithful.